Join us throughout the year at community and public programs at which our Gift of Hope staff and volunteers are engaged with community advocate and providing education about life-giving organ, eye and tissue donation.
In addition to our public programs and fundraisers below, please check our programs specifically for:
- U.S. Transplant Games
- Workshop: Writing to Your Donor Family or Recipient | July 10, 10-11 a.m.
Donor families and transplant recipients are invited to learn tips and receive guidance and support in writing to their loved one’s transplant recipients or to their donor family. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
- Koozey Activation at 5 Rabbits Cerveceria | July 11, 2-4 p.m. – Bedford Park, Ill.
Come for a beer and live music at 6398 74th St., and visit Gift of Hope’s table as we hand out koozeys and talk organ & tissue donation. Contact: Jennifer Aguilar.
- Connections: Donor Parents | July 26, 6-7 p.m. – online
Donor parents are invited to connect and share with one another. Contact email@example.com for more information or to register.
- Chinatown Community Summer Fair | July 31 – Aug 1 – Chicago
- National Minority Donor Awareness Month | August 1-30
During this 25th annual national observance, Gift of Hope will engage with donation partners and advocates across our service areas for campaigns, programs and events throughout the month to create a positive culture for donation and to save, heal and enhance lives in minority communities. Watch this page, Facebook and Twitter for programs, events, announcements and opportunities to take part.
- National Night Out with the Rockford Police Department | August 3 – Rockford, Ill.
- Gift of Hope Continuing Education Webinars: A Journey Through the DCD Process | August 5 and August 19, noon-1 – online
These webinars for hospital professionals will feature our clinicians leading presentation with physician leaders, nursing leaders and donor family members on the donation after cardiac death (DCD) process. Visit our Hospital Professionals page for details as they are announced.
- Connections: National Minority Donor Awareness | August 17, 6-7 p.m. – online
Donor families of color are invited to connect with one another and share their experiences and stories of their loved ones. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
- Workshop: Rock-Painting | August 25, 6-7 p.m. – online and in-person in Peoria, Rockford and south suburban Chicago
Donor families and Gift of Hope Ambassadors come together to paint rocks to hide throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana, and inspire finders with hope. Contact email@example.com for more information or to register.
- Medinah Shriners Parade | August 29 – Addison, Ill.
- Eye Donation Awareness Month
- Faith and Hope Month
- National Marrow Awareness Month
More annual observances
- The Rose Parade and Donate Life Float, Jan. 1
- National Donate Life Month
- National Donor Day, Feb. 14
- National Blue and Green Day
- National Pediatric Transplant Week, last week of April