Join us throughout the year at community and public programs at which our Gift of Hope staff and volunteers are engaged with community advocate and providing education about life-giving organ, eye and tissue donation.
In addition to our public programs and fundraisers below, please check our programs specifically for:
Mark your calendar and follow us on Facebook for updates and announcements!
- Dine & Donate at Rock Bottom Brewery! June 16, 5-9 p.m.
Dine at Rock Bottom Brewery in Chicago or Yorktown/Lombard between 5 and 9 p.m. June 16—and 15% of your check will benefit Gift of Hope!
Show this flyer at the restaurant, call in your order and mention Gift of Hope Giveback, or order online (Chicago or Yorktown/Lombard location) and provide the code GIVEBACK. Our Community Outreach team will also be at both locations with giveaways and answers to your questions about organ, eye & tissue donation.
- John Crady 5K Memorial Run | June 19, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. – Prophetstown, Ill.
Gift of Hope Ambassadors will be at the run to help honor John Crady and his life-giving legacy as a donor, and help others making the decision to donate life by joining the donor register. For information and to register as a runner, click here. Contact: Olman Chaheine.
- Pre-Father’s Day Go Healthy Walkathon and Health Fair | June 19, 8 a.m. – Chicago
Join us at this event hosted by Congressman Danny K. Davis in conjunction with the Urban Transformation Network, where we’ll host a table and provide rally towels and wristbands to walkers. Contact: Jennifer Henderson.
- Juneteenth Block Party | June 19, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. – Chicago
Meet the community, enjoy kids and family activities, and talk with our Gift of Hope Ambassadors at this South Side 6 Block Club Party and Juneteenth Celebration, Blackstone Avenue from 8755 S. Blackstone Ave. to 90th Street. Contact: Olman Chaheine.
- Connections: Widows | June 23, 7-8 p.m. – online
Donor family members who have lost a spouse are invited for support and discussion. Contact email@example.com for more information or to register for this program specially for families of organ, eye and tissue donors.
- Miles for Maddog Run & Walk, June 26, 7 a.m.
Our Gift of Hope Team is proudly participating in this certified course/USATF sanctioned 5K run walk and 10K run at Lincoln-Way North High School in Frankfort, Ill. Click here to learn more, join the physical or virtual event and support the Maddog Strong Foundation. The Foundation is Gift of Hope’s partner in providing Illinois high school education about organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Pride in the Park, Grant Park, Chicago, June 26-27, 2-10 p.m.
Stop by and talk to our Community Affairs team and volunteers celebrating pride, equality and equity, with giveaways, donor education and registration support.
- The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois Walk for Kidneys, June 27, 9 a.m. start
Join Team Hope for the walk and festivities with COVID-19 precautions in place throughout the day. Or, join virtually: Follow NKFI live on Facebook or YouTube, and walk where you are to support the fight against kidney disease. Register here today! Contact: olivia fox.
- U.S. Transplant Games
- Hopedale Rescue Squad Carnival & Celebration | July 3, noon-7 p.m. – Hopedale, Ill.
Stop by the tent to talk with our Gift of Hope Ambassadors and be there as a rescue squad member speaks about donation and a lifesaving liver transplant. Hopedale Rescue Squad is located at 226 NW Main St. Contact: Olman Chaheine.
- Chillicothe Outdoor Fire Works Event | July 4, 5-8 p.m. – Chillicothe, Ill.
Join the celebration with our Gift of Hope Ambassadors honoring life-restoring organ, eye and tissue donors and their families. The event takes place at Three Sisters Park, Route 29 in Chillicothe.
- Workshop: Writing to Your Donor Family or Recipient | July 10, 10-11 a.m.
Donor families and transplant recipients are invited to learn tips and receive guidance and support in writing to their loved one’s transplant recipients or to their donor family. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
- Koozey Activation at 5 Rabbits Cerveceria | July 11, 2-4 p.m. – Bedford Park, Ill.
Come for a beer and live music at 6398 74th St., and visit Gift of Hope’s table as we hand out koozeys and talk organ & tissue donation. Contact: Jennifer Aguilar.
- Connections: Donor Parents | July 26, 6-7 p.m. – online
Donor parents are invited to connect and share with one another. Contact email@example.com for more information or to register.
- Chinatown Community Summer Fair | July 31 – Aug 1 – Chicago
- National Minority Donor Awareness Month | August 1-30
During this 25th annual national observance, Gift of Hope will engage with donation partners and advocates across our service areas for campaigns, programs and events throughout the month to create a positive culture for donation and to save, heal and enhance lives in minority communities. Watch this page, Facebook and Twitter for programs, events, announcements and opportunities to take part.
- National Night Out with the Rockford Police Department | August 3 – Rockford, Ill.
- Gift of Hope Continuing Education Webinars: A Journey Through the DCD Process | August 5 and August 19, noon-1 – online
These webinars for hospital professionals will feature our clinicians leading presentation with physician leaders, nursing leaders and donor family members on the donation after cardiac death (DCD) process. Visit our Hospital Professionals page for details as they are announced.
- Connections: National Minority Donor Awareness | August 17, 6-7 p.m. – online
Donor families of color are invited to connect with one another and share their experiences and stories of their loved ones. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
- Workshop: Rock-Painting | August 25, 6-7 p.m. – online and in-person in Peoria, Rockford and south suburban Chicago
Donor families and Gift of Hope Ambassadors come together to paint rocks to hide throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana, and inspire finders with hope. Contact email@example.com for more information or to register.
- Medinah Shriners Parade | August 29 – Addison, Ill.
- Eye Donation Awareness Month
- Faith and Hope Month
- National Marrow Awareness Month
More annual observances
- The Rose Parade and Donate Life Float, Jan. 1
- National Donate Life Month
- National Donor Day, Feb. 14
- National Blue and Green Day
- National Pediatric Transplant Week, last week of April